Sunday, November 13, 2011

lip balm supreme

Phew! It's been a while since I've talked about some beauty! Lately (well, always really) I'm really into lip products. I recently discovered a gem at my local supermarket, Blistex Revive and Restore. Once the cold sets in and the heaters come on my lips and skin dry up like nobody's business so I'm always on the look out for good balms and moisturizers and this one is a good one! One package comes with two stackable pots. One is "Restore" which claims to "Make lips soft, healthy and radiant with Phytonutrients and Vitamin E". This formula is very soft and creamy and leaves a light sheen on the lips. The other is "Revive" which claims to "Leave lips smooth, invigorated and protected and contains shea butter, fruit extracts and SPF 15". This one is thicker like a wax. I like to apply the revive first and then top it off with the restore.  Both taste great and smell like candy necklaces!

Another awesome find was Maybelline's Baby Lips. I have been looking for this forever after seeing it on so many beauty blogs and finally my local CVS got it. I got the nude colored one, Peach Kiss. At first upon swatching I was disappointed, I couldn't see anything but  a little sheen. When applied to lips though it imparted a great shimmery nude. This is gorgeous and so moisturizing and the packaging is cute to boot! I want to scoop up the baby pink shade as well.

Bobbi Brown Lip Balm is a gem of a product.  A makeup artist used this on me before applying lipstick and it's the only lip balm that I have tried that works well under lipstick. It leaves lips super smooth and allows lipstick to glide on perfectly! It's a bit pricey but I've had the same pot forever so it's worth it.



















1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete