Monday, February 21, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Review

I recently purchased the new foundation from Maybelline. I've been using Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for about four years and love it but have been desperately searching for a cheap alternative for the winter time when I tend to need more coverage. I have very dry skin and prefer a natural, dewy look while still evening out my skin tone. Lately, I've been using Loreal True Match but I've noticed that the coverage is a bit heavy and only highlights my dry patches. Anyways, onto the Fit Me foundation. I purchased this about a week ago and LOVE IT! First off, I purchased it at Walgreens where the display had small tester bottles of each shade for you to try..this to me was amazing being that there is never any way of testing out foundations in drugstores and we all know that foundation ALWAYS needs to be tested. So I found my perfect shade pretty easily and immediately tried it out. This makeup allows for your natural skin to show through and feels so smooth on the skin. It is very, very dewy and definitely need some powder through the T zone. Some cons about the product however, this would absolutely not be good for anyone with oily skin or skin that has large pores or acne. The coverage is quite sheer and while it evens out skin to perfection, it would only highlight these flaws and would simply glide off of oily skin. Another thing is the staying power, there isn't a lot of it. I never, ever use powder, however, it is needed as the makeup tends to fade after a few hours. Overall I love this foundation. I don't think I will purchase any other products from the line however as they didn't look all that exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment