Thursday, July 15, 2010

drugstore cowgirl

There's nothing I love more than wandering the aisles of Sephora or the makeup counters at Bloomingdales, however, a trip to the local drugstore can scratch that "cosmetics itch" easily and affordably. With most beauty products hitting under the $10 mark, loading up on products won't break the bank or cause buyer's remorse. Did that blush make you break out? At $4 toss it..who cares! Here's a brief list of my drugstore must haves:
Revlon lipgloss in Coral Reef: Created by the fabulous and famous makeup artist Gucci Westman this gloss is highly pigmented and imparts a creamy coral finish. It's not too sticky and the shade is a perfect companion to any summer look. In my opinion, this shade would be flattering on most skin tones as it is more of a pink toned coral rather than yellow.
Psst Dry Shampoo: This dry shampoo is great for those of us who don't shampoo everyday. A few spritzes at the roots soak up oil and leave a fresh scent. Shampoo everyday? This spray is also good to use as a root lifter, volumizer, or used allover it can create a matte finish for that teased 60's look.
Nivea Creme:
This thick cream is a great moisturizer for the face, body and lips. The winters up here in Chicago can be pretty brutal on my skin leaving it dry and flaky but smearing this stuff on every night really calms it down leaving it soft, smooth and hydrated. I keep a small tin of it in my purse and a large pot on my sink. It can be a bit greasy so it should be used sparingly.

Vaseline: I have been using this to take off eye make since my very first swipe of mascara because IT WORKS!! Vaseline takes off EVERYTHING! including pesky waterproof eye makeup. Not only is it a great remover, it moisturizes lashes leaving them soft and shiny. For years my mother has proclaimed this as the secret to no wrinkles (she puts it on her face everynight!). Vaseline is also a great moisturizer for the face and body.




CoverGirl Instant Cheekbones in Peach Perfection: The darkest shade used as a contour, medium shade as blush and pale shade as highlight...you really can create instant cheekbones! The shade is similar to Nars Orgasm minus the gold shimmer. This peachy pink blush gives a healthy natural glow and for me is an old standby.





Loreal Voluminous Mascara Carbon Black: I was a little hesitant to put this on my list as it's on the list of most beauty bloggers (that's how I found out about it!) but it's just too good. In my opinion, this is the BEST drug store mascara out there. It's deep deep black, it doesn't flake, run or fade...no one wants those grey flakey lashes 2 hours into the day! Curl lashed first and this mascara will hold the curl all day. The only negative about this product: it get thick and clumpy quick...but...it's super cheap and often on sale so buying yourself a fresh tube is no biggie.


Rimmel Lipstick in Crush: This lipstick is the perfect summer shade. It's a sandy peach shade with a teeny tiny hint of frost. The finish is creamy and sheer. I like to replace my classic nude with this when the temperature starts to rise. This color isn't for everyone as it's on the orange side...but try it! you might love it.
What are you favorite drugstore finds?
xoxo Jessica.


No comments:

Post a Comment